Sunday, March 22, 2009

So I've been reading..

Due to lack of hobbies [facebook] lol I started reading. No but I've always wanted to start reading again and this is the perfect time.
I am currently reading Steve Harvey's book "Act like a Lady, Think like a Man"


Just for pure entertainment. I'm like almost done reading it and I think EVERY woman should buy or read this book. I'm telling you, you can save a lot of time and energy and get some pointers. If this came out 2 years ago it could've saved me from this last 'relationship' I had. So every time I read and find something that I think is interesting or just some parts I will quote them and will share it with you guys.





This is one out of Chapter 6: How Men Distinguish Between the Marrying Types and the Playthings.
He uses fishing as an analogy to explain how 'men seek out women'

".. A man fishes for two reasons: he's either sport fishing or fishing to eat, which means he's either going to try to catch the biggest fish he can, take a picture of it, admire it with his buddies and toss it back to sea, or he's going to take that fish home, scale it, fillet it, toss it in some cornmeal, fry it up, and put it on his plate. This, I think, is a great analogy for how men seek out women."

Skip couple paragraphs and he says this:

".. But the question always remains: once we hook you, what will we do with you? Taking a cue from my love of fishing, my philosophy is that men will treat women like one of those things: a sports fish or a keeper. How we meet, how the conversation goes, how the relationship develops, and the demands you make on a man will all determine whether you'll be treated like a sports fish-a throwback-or a keeper, the kind of woman a man can envision settling down with."



& briefly this is how he describes a sports fish and keeper just in case you haven't read it yet and wondering what the hell does that mean.
A Sports fish: doesn't have any rules, requirements, respect for herself, or guidelines, and we men can pick up her sent a mile away.

A Keeper: never gives in easily , and the standards/requirements start the moment you open your mouth. She commands-not demands respect, just by the way she carries herself.







Share your thoughts.

3 comments:

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Real Spit, Very nice post. I appreciate tha excerpts

Anonymous said...

you is a keeper...

SoPhie said...

thanks =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin