Saturday, January 17, 2009

Biggie Biggie Biggie !



Ok so if you did not see the Notorious movie you shouldn't read this. But I assume almost everyone saw it. So I saw it on Friday night, well Saturday morning caught an awfully late show with couple of my friends.

I was super excited ever since they were thinking about making the movie, couldn't wait to see the finish product and to see who Christopher Wallace was. And to me I thought it was a good movie. My friend hit me up on Aim and told me it was wack and that was before I even saw it, so far she's the only one I've heard that said that.
Like how can you judge someone else's life?

Jamal Woolard aka Gravy who played Biggie did an excellent job! Like he captured everything from his swag to his demeanor, even the way he laughed. You can tell that he studied him so he can transform into B.I.G. I think that he's a good rapper but didn't know how to treat women, he was young, he did know better I guess. Just getting in the game, groupies everywhere!

I am disappointed tho about Anthony Mackie who played Tupac, I mean it didn't take me long to realized who he was because of his "Thug Life" skully but for some reason I didn't quite like it, something was missing, something was wrong. But I love how they showed how close they were and how he was kinda messed up. Love that part in the narration when he said "Ask 10 niggas who Pac is and you'll get 10 different answers" something like that. If he wasn't the way he is and just assumed that Biggie set him up all this wouldn't happen or he would've listened to him when he said to "watch the company your with" e.i. the guys at the club. And they were both listening to other people, Biggie was trying to talk to him and settle it but Diddy was telling him to leave it alone.

Naturi did a good job as portraying Lil' Kim. I personally don't see what the fuss was about with her saying that they portrayed as a groupie or whatever she said. Clearly she didn't watch the movie. Because clearly this wasn't Lil' Kim movie, it's Biggie's. And we got to see how things happened, like I always heard everyone saying that she was a home wrecker but clearly she wasn't. She was there BEFORE Faith, BEFORE Biggie became famous and he treated her the way he did. She was in love with this guy and he went and married Faith after couple days (which I didn't know)! Like I would've been upset too.

Angela Bassett is always good, I was trying to hear the Jamaican accent but I couldn't, like sometimes I would and sometimes I wouldn't.

Antonique Smith was good. Wasn't that impressed but it was ok. Like I didn't know she beat down groupies when he was cheating and she beat the hell out of that girl in the hotel room!

Derek Luke playing Diddy was hilarious! And like I said before, they really studied them because that's exactly how he acts! The way he was dancing, the things he says and how he gets super excited about anything lol.

Things that I didn't know is the car accident, that totally explains where the cane came from. And I didn't remember that he had a daughter before Chris but he did say it in Juicy - "... to all the people that lived above the buildings that I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on me when I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughter"
I thought they were going to show some part of his relationship with Charlie Baltimore, they didn't but if you paid attention that car scene there was a girl sitting in the back of the car I guess that was suppose to be her. This movie would've been super long if they showed some of these things. But I liked it a lot.




Ughhh look how I just rambled on about this movie!
If you saw it tell me what you thought about it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin