Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Trend: Black Lipstick



I am not a big make-up girl. I can tell you when I started wearing make-up, it was a little while after my 21st birthday so basically a year ago. But still I am stuck with the basic neutral colors or just eyeliner + mascara + blush + lip gloss and I am good to go. One thing that I really love is lipstick. As you can tell by my banner.
I really started thinking about trying this color lipstick after seeing Lloyd "Beemers, Benz and Bentley" video. One of the video model (picture below on the left) happened to be wearing the lipstick and I found it very funky. It also been seeing all over the designers runway.



I know you're probably thinking that it's a bit Gothic because that was my first thought seeing it. This is not for an everyday look like you can rock a red lipstick. The black lipstick is more for an evening look when you want to add a little edge to your look. But there is another option for the day look which is a blackberry color which is I would think a very dark purple



I would wear it with a smokey eyes to make it very dramatic or a bright eyeshadow or just keep it simple and neutral to make the black standout on its own




What do you think about black lipstick? Would you try it?

1 comment:

Printing Online said...

I can take dark purple (with doubt) , but black? hmmm...I just wish I have your blessing of wearing any lip color and still look gorgeous. I think that I can do that only if I know how to match my eye and cheek color with that. But I'm still a noob with make-up.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin