Sunday, April 13, 2008

SBU (African Student Union) Fashion Show '08

Saturday I attended the African Student Union fashion show at Stony Brook University.. I was excited to see what other schools had to bring specially when I never really attended a University fashion show. Doors were actually suppose to open at 7pm but it opened at 9pm (yes 2hours waiting on a line!!!!!!!.

So after that all I can think of "This better be a great show for them to make me stay on this line for so darn long".. Show started around 9:20/30pm.

Light dimmed.. first scene starts. BODY PAINT








Hmmm.. okk


Second scene. A future look.











Now when I think about future I think about metal, leather kinda of like ANTM last season theme, that to me is something that could be a Future scene.. For example:














OK so this was the bathing suit scene..














Most of the time you could not see the "bathing suit" because of the white shirt that was used as the cover and even if that's how the designer or stylist wanted it to be the models should have worked with it, unbutton the shirt so we could see what's underneath and showcase the bathing suit.




Now let's move on to the lingerie..


Homegirl made a super crazy entrance! She crawled on the stage!! I was amazed. Never in my life have I seen a crawl on a fashion show stage







And she did a split when she was leaving the stage..




So after a while I got tired of taking pictures, my buddy Glen took over but then he got tired and stopped lol.
There was basically no clothes to showcase as FASHION in the show.. Body paint was art that I enjoyed because I thought it was really dope. The future scene was cute that probably was the only FASHION scene in the show but could have been better. I think some of the models lacked energy, attitude in their walk because of all the choreograph things that they did (which could totally bored the audience I know it bored me seeing the same thing over and over again). But I definitely give them many many kudos for having a entertaining show.

Oh and Ricky Blaze performed!


I don't think anyone knew who he actually was (I know I didn't)





And that's me after the show =)


1 comment:

Lucky said...

This is why I love your blog, and style.......I couldn't bash the show even after the 2hr wait.....the presentation was there but the fashion was not...definately agree with you on this!

Lucky!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin